To download this answer key as pdf Join our Google Groups
1. Where can we find all latest papers published in Library Science?
2.Which is not a broad category of reference sources
3.When IFLA announced "Universal Bibliographic Control" as one of its core programmes?
4.The Indian National Bibliography is being brought out by the National Library since
5. Which is not a type of bibliographies?
6.The word `index' is derived from ______ word `indicare' meaning `to point out' or `to show'
7. Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI) first published in
8. Glossary is a
dictionary of words of a language giving meaning in another language
phrases with brief explanations
list of terms and explanations of specialized or technical nature
None of the above
9._____ was the first person to use `thesaurus' for English dictionary in 1852
Robert A. Dutch
Henry George Liddell
Peter Mark Roget
10. Anagram is a
Word that is opposite in meaning to another.
Word formed from the initial letters of a group of words
Words or phrase made by rearranging the letter of another word or phrase
Smallest meaningful unit into which a word can be divided
11. Subject encyclopaedias are also known as…
Circle of knowledge
12. In 77 A.D. who produced the first encyclopaedia 'Historia Naturalis'?
13.Paul Scalich used the word 'encyclopaedia' for the first time in his work
Encyclopaedias Seu Orbits Methodical
Encyclopaedia Septem Tomis Distincta
Encyclopaedie du xviii Siecle
14. The first edition of `Encyclopaedia Britannica' appeared in Edinburgh in ____and stopped print version in_____
15.Propaedia in The New Encyclopaedia Britannica denotes
gives outline of knowledge
contains brief information
containing knowledge in depth
All the above
16. Which is not a checkpoint for evaluating encyclopaedias are
Scope and purpose
Year of publication
17.Rules and regulation for government servents can be located from
18.Tables present _______data in ______form
Articles, research report
All the above
19. Keesing 's Record of World Events is a
Index to newspapers
20.Which is not a Indian publications providing standards information.
Standards Monthly Addition
Annual Book of ASTM Standards
21. Index Medicus published by
Indian National Library of Medicine
United States National Library of Medicine (NLM)
American Library Association
22.The Science Citation Index (SCI) is made available online through the_______database
Web of Science
Web of Knowledge
Web of Social Science
23. Who publishes 'Current Contents'
Institute for Scientific Information
24. Ulrich's Periodicals Directory was published since 1932 and also now supplied on-line as
25. A gazette give information about?
History of places
Official annoucements and notice
26. From 1969, "India Who’s Who" published by
Ministry of HRD
Ministry of Internal Affairs
National Library of India
27. Which following types of publications are excluded in Indian National Bibliography
Keys and Guides to Textbooks
Periodicals and Newspapers
All the above
28.Fodor's Guide is an example of
29.Indian Science Abstracts is a _______ abstracting journal
30.The Guinness Book of World Records is comes under category of