1) _________ is considered to be the father of today’s computer.///Charles Babbage///
2) __________ invented the Slide Rule.///William Oughtred///
3) The first generation of computers used///vacuum tubes///for circuitry and ///magnetic drums///for memory.
4) Integrated circuits were used in ///THIRD// generation of computers.
5)///Hardware/// refers to the physical items associated with a computer system.
6) The hardware devices attached to the computer are called///Peripheral equipment///.
7) ///SOFTWARE/// refers to programs that make the computer to do some thing.
8) Software can be classified into/// System Software and Application Software///.
9) ///An operating system///is an integrated set of specialized programs that is used to manage the overall operations of a computer.
10) ///The compiler software///translates the whole source program into an object program.
11) A ///Mainframe computers// allows users to quickly and efficiently store, organize, retrieve, communicate and manage large amounts of information.
12) ///Digital //computers are useful in solving differential equation and integration.
13) The digital computers are classified into : ///Super computers,Mainframe computers, Mini computers and Micro computers.///
14) /Software///is the planned step-by-step instruction required to turn data into information.
15) ///DATA///is the raw material that is given to a computer for processing.
16) A //Personal Digital Assistants (PDA)//computer accepts handwritten input on a screen.
17) Raw data is processed by the computer into ///INFORMATION///.
18) PC refers to ///Personal Computers///.
19) ///An Application Software ///allows to create, edit, format, store and print text and graphics.
20) The word computing means ///‘an act of calculating’..///
TRUE of FALSE
1) The concept of using ‘electronic brains’ gave birth to computers./// TRUE///
2) The most powerful personal computers are known as super computers./// TRUE///
3) Blaise Pascal developed the tabulating machine using punched cards.///FALSE///
4) Herman Hollerith designed the difference engine.///FALSE///
5) Compilers translate higher level language into machine language. TRUE
6) Word processing is a type of task-oriented software.TRUE
7) Fifth generation computing devices is based on artificial intelligence.///TRUE///
8) The input devices accept data and send them to the processor./// TRUE///
9) A hybrid computing system is a combination of desirable features of analog and digital computers. TRUE
10) The personal computers are sometime called the home computers. TRUE